Interior Design Tampa-Interior Design Blogs©
Interior Design Job | We Want You
Our firm, Studio M, has been scouring the planet searching for a senior interior designer. Like old uncle Sam would say “We want You.” Well sort of…We want the best of the best, we are looking for someone who not only loves design but has the experience and track record to back it up. If you think that you have what it takes then please submit the following:
1) Unique Cover Letter: First things first. Do not send a cover letter in which it is obvious that you simply change out the company name. This just spells laziness and will quickly be sent to the trash folder. Never a good place to be!
2) Creative Resume: If you don’t spend time putting together a creative and unique resume then we are not interested. We are not a financial institution and therefore do not want a cookie cutter resume from Microsoft templates. We want to see your creativity, your design experience, but most of all we want to see YOU. Be sure to check our creative resume ideas post by Georgette Mosley for more ideas.
2) Video Resume: This is not mandatory, but preferred. Why? A video resume let’s us again see YOU. We understand that we are not hiring or casting for the next Design Star. We also know that you are not Steven Speilberg, but we do know that those willing to film themselves have something special. Confidence. So come on people…get creative, show your confidence, and let’s see what you got! Insider Secret: Those that submit a video resume will move to the front of the line. Shhh!
3) Portfolio: Refer back to #1. Again, your portfolio needs to show your creative attributes in full force! This is the “Put your money where your mouth is” part of your interview. It is a riot when we get resumes that state a TON of experience but their portfolio is the size of a coffee napkin. We have heard all of the excuses. We weren’t allowed to take photos of the project, I left before it was finished, and our favorite my dog ate the photos!
4) Dress the Part: Ok, So you have done the above three and now it is time for the interview! Wohoo….It is now time to dress the part. This is yet another way to showcase both your personality and your design! Have fun with it..
For a complete breakdown of the job responsibilities and requirements please click here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Written by: Eric Miller
Be sure to follow me on Twitter!